Fall — September 24, 2022
A fall cruise event is planned for September 24, 2022 for the Minnesota/Wisconsin location. We will be changing this up this year so check back for more information as our plans develop! This trip will still go ‘up north’ but our route will be different — still taking in all the beautiful fall colors as usual! Go to the Register page for the details as they become available or watch Facebook and Instagram.
January 28, 2022
Join us for a Meat Raffle at Big Guys BBQ Roadhouse in North Hudson, WI. Raffle should start around 6pm. Bring the family and enjoy dinner as Jethro’s menu is top notch. There will be ECC merchandise to purchase as well. T-shirts, Sweatshirts and a limited amount of ball caps.
Spring — May
The Saturday before Mother’s Day the annual car cruise event is held. In 2022 this will take place on May 7th in Minnesota/Wisconsin. Other event locations are still TBD.
In 2021 events were held in Minnesota/Wisconsin and Arizona.
Our most recent spring cruise held the Saturday before mother’s day in May 2022 was a great success. Maybe a smaller group then in years past, but it was a blast, the weather was great, the participants were generous and we gave a little money away!
2021 was our last fall cruise held on September 18th it landed for the most part in Birchwood, WI and Stone Lake, WI. In 2020 the Spring Cruise would have take place in Minnesota/Wisconsin, Nebraska/Kansas, Texas and Arizona, however the event was cancelled because of, well — you know. In 2019 and 2018 this occurred in seven coordinated locations throughout the country.
The original concept of ‘Cruising for a Cause’ was the brainstorm idea of board members Roger E. Quast and Robin Hetchler in an effort to memorialize family members who had recently passed from Cancer. In 2018 it went to a national level through the efforts of Robin Hetchler coordinating as the National Director. The event was a beautiful drive through the St. Croix Valley south to the Wabasha/Lake City area.
The locations that have held events are:
- Arizona — Northern Arizona near the White Mountain area.
- Arkansas/Oklahoma — Fondly known as the ‘Arklahoma’ cruise — drove through the Ozark area of these beautiful states.
- Iowa — Rain the first year in the rain, but still managed have fund driving around the fields of Iowa.
- Minnesota/Wisconsin — the mother-ship; the founding cruise where it all began back in 2015; following along the breathtaking St. Croix and Mississippi water ways. Also fondly referred to as the ‘Minnesconsin’ cruise.
- Nebraska/Kansas — our corn-husker friends visit area car shows and raising money along the way. Now known as the ‘NebrasKansas’ fundraising events.
- Texas/New Mexico — new addition in 2019 was a cruise from El Paso, TX into New Mexico’s countryside with a mountain backdrop.
- Washington/Oregon — Beautiful mountain drive landing at the airplane museum.
The Minnesconsin group has held for 5 years+ an auxiliary Fall Cruise that is a little more on the casual side and has taken a different route heading from the Stillwater, MN area to Hayward, WI to observe the beautiful fall colors and where participants stay overnight at either a local lodging establishment or at the cabin owned by two of the board member’s; Roger and Erin Quast.
Although this fall event is smaller, the impact and fundraising is growing each year with many local establishments supporting through sponsorship and in-kind donations. Erin Quast our Treasurer was a resident of the Hayward area for many years and Linsey Carey a Board Member a current resident of Stone Lake, WI and their local friends have always willing to help out.