Fall – September
A fall cruise event is planned for September 18th 2021 for the Minnesota/Wisconsin location. The cruise will start in Stillwater,
MN and participants will drive to the Hayward Lakes area, ending in Stone Lake, WI.
Spring — May
The Saturday before Mother’s Day the annual car cruise event is held. In 2021 this will take place on May 8th in Minnesota/Wisconsin. Other event locations are still TBD.
In 2020 this would have take place in Minnesota/Wisconsin, Nebraska/Kansas, Texas and Arizona, however the event was cancelled. In 2019 and 2018 this occurred in seven coordinated locations throughout the country.
The original concept of ‘Cruising for a Cause’ was the brainstorm idea of board members Roger E. Quast and Robin Hetchler in an effort to memorialize family members who had recently passed from Cancer. In 2018 it went to a national level through the efforts of Robin Hetchler coordinating as the National Director.
The locations that have held events are:
- Arizona — Northern Arizona near the White Mountain area.
- Arkansas/Oklahoma — Fondly known as the ‘Arklahoma’ cruise — drove through the Ozark area of these beautiful states.
- Iowa — Ran the first year in the rain, but still managed have fund driving around the fields of Iowa.
- Minnesota/Wisconsin — the mother-ship; the founding cruise where it all began back in 2015; following along the breathtaking St. Croix and Mississippi water ways. Also fondly referred to as the ‘Minnesconsin’ cruise.
- Nebraska/Kansas — our corn-husker friends visit area car shows and raising money along the way. Now known as the ‘NebrasKansas’ fundraising events.
- Texas/New Mexico — new addition in 2019 was a cruise from El Paso, TX into New Mexico’s countryside with a mountain backdrop.
- Washington/Oregon — Beautiful mountain drive landing at the airplane museum.
Fall — August or September
The Minnesconsin group has held for 4 years+ an auxiliary Fall Cruise that is a little more on the casual side and takes a different route heading from the Stillwater, MN area to Hayward, WI to observe the beautiful fall colors and where participants stay overnight at either a local lodging establishment or at the cabin owned by two of the board member’s; Roger and Erin Quast.
Although this fall event is smaller, the impact and fundraising is growing each year with many local establishments supporting through sponsorship and in-kind donations. Erin Quast our Treasurer was a resident of the Hayward area for many years and Linsey Carey a Board Member a current resident of Stone Lake, WI and their friends are always willing to help out.